Thursday, December 31, 2009

Etude House Collagen Moistfull facial freshener and emulsion review, Clinique repairwear intensive night cream review

Tried out the collagen moistfull trial set consisting of a facial freshener and emulsion from etude house yesterday.I'm having drier skin lately due to the monsoon season. I had great expectations of it because the collagen moistfull skincare set is one of etude house's best selling items and it promises to keep your skin moist and supple.



Sad to say, I was let down by the products. :( First of all, the word 'moistfull' should indicate that the product should hydrate the skin at the very least! After applying the facial freshener and emulsion, my skin still was not hydrated and looked and felt dry. Worse still, my skin looked dull and old as well.

But I decided to give it a chance and wait till today to blog about it. However, when I woke up, my face still looked dull and my skin felt rough and dry and somehow my skin colour looked darker than usual. So overall, I really don't think it works!

I have to say that it really didn't do anything for my skin and that it still left my skin dry. So maybe its more suitable for people with oily skin cos its pretty lightweight. I have combination skin.

Tha bottle of sample holds 5 ml of products and I think only enough for 2 tries. haha still have 1 try's worth of product left in the bottle. I think i'm gonna use it as a hand lotion for the time being.

I would recommend clinique's repairwear intensive night cream instead.




When I apply it, it sinks into my skin straightaway and does not leave an oily film on my face like most moisturisers. Also, it hydrates my skin and leaves it clear and luminous. I know its a cream targeted at older people haha cos its supposed to "mend the look of lines and wrinkles" but I think it works really well for me. It's never too early to use anti-wrinkle creams anyway. I can already see small wrinkles forming on my forehead so I think I do need it.

update: this cream has been discontinued and upgraded. I think its been reformulated and its repackaged under a different name now. The SA told me the name but i forgot. its about $120 for the new cream. This old one cost about $125 and it can last about a year or so.

The photos used are taken from http://blog.naver.com/etudestory.

No comments:

Post a Comment