Saturday, April 3, 2010

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Clear Lotion and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence Review

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Clear Lotion




Here's what it says on the box:
With innovative "Progressive Release System", Neutrogena Hydro Boost Clear Lotion gives your skin a shower of fresh hydration and refines skin immediately.

Direction:
Apply to cleansed skin. Moisten cotton ball or pad and smooth over your face with gentle upward strokes.

Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. Oil-free. Made in Korea. Expiry date: 06/08/2011. 150ml.

Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, citric acid, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, fragrance, disodium EDTA, copper gluconate, sodium hyaluronate, olea europea (olive) leaf extract.


My thoughts:
I thought it was pretty alright. I liked the opening the most cos there's only a small hole. Meaning it won't leak out and cause a horrible mess/ wastage of product :D and I liked the packaging- sleek and elegant.

As for its effectiveness, i thought it was pretty ok. It made my skin feel hydrated although i was slightly concerned by its low sodium hyaluronate percentage. It could've been better if it had left a smooth tingling/ refreshing feeling that i was looking for.

Overall, I'd say its worth it. It's not bad and it only costs $13.50 so why not give it a try?

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence



Here's what it says on the box:
With innovative "Progressive Release System", Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence is quickly absorbed to quench your skin's thirst. This unique concentrated formula with purified Hyaluronic Acid and Olive extract provides up to 3X moisture level, making it available to dry skin cells. Skin is fully hydrated with a glow all day long.

Direction:
Every morning and night after clear lotion, massage evenly over face and neck

Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. Oil-free. Non-comedogenic. Made in China. Expiry date: 14/10/2011. 30ml.


My thoughts:

It came with a pump dispenser, which was pretty handy to use. It should take 2 or 3 pumps for it to come out.

After applying it, I realised that it form a layer on top of my skin and did not appear to have been absorbed by my skin. After a while, it became sticky, and it was difficult to spread moisturiser on my skin. :( And I woke up with an extremely oily face the next morning.

The thing that I liked about Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence was that it had a very nice, soothing smell that calms you down.

Overall, I think this is more suitable for people with dry skin. I think it would wonderfully hydrate their skin. Otherwise, if you have oily or combination skin, you can safely skip this step and jump straight onto moisturiser. It retails at $16.90.

Note: These 2 products were given to me by Neutrogena and any opinions expressed here are my true opinions of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment