Monday, March 29, 2010

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask Review

This mask was part of the Hydro Boost set I received from Neutrogena (yes it did not come out from my own pocket haha). This is the first product I tried cos masks take the fastest to know whether they work.



Here's what it says on the package:

With new SMART-FIT fabric containing 14,000 micro-holes, holds 25% more Hydro Boost hydrating essence to instantly boost skin's moisture level 14 times, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple with a vibrant glow.

Instructions:
Use after cleansing. Open pack, take out the mask and unfold. Press lightly with fingertips to set in place over face. Relax and feel the Hydro Boost hydrating essence infuse into your skin. Remove the mask after 15 minutes. Discard mask after use

It's dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic. Whatever that means. I'm not good with scientific terms though I was from Science faculty through and through haha

Made in China. 30g.

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl paraben, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan gum, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ethylparaben, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrihizate, Sodium Citrate, Morus Alba Root Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract

As you can see in the picture below, the texture of the mask sheet is distinctly different from the other masks. There are little holes in it. Must be what it means by the "14,000 micro-holes".



My thoughts:

I really liked the mask sheet material! It fit nicely on my face and it doesn't slide around/ hang over my face like a lot of other mask sheets from other brands. Haha that's a huge plus point. I don't repurchase masks that fit horribly on my face. Also, after using the mask, my skin was really plump and hydrated :D

However, I thought it had a funny smell. And the whole 15 minutes I had it on my face, I felt like my skin was stinging. I don't know why though but after that my skin was fine so I suppose its fine. And what it said on the package about the mask being rich is essence is really true haha it was drenched in the essence so there was essence dripping all over my face and over my sink. :(

I think it is pretty worth it lol although I would've liked an extra benefit like whitening or pore-minimizing cos most masks now have multiple properties.

Overall, I do like it pretty much and I would consider purchasing it. A pack of 5 retails at $31.50. Admittedly pricey but worth the splurge on special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment